In this free, 60-minute webinar, Dr Marta Martínez Vázquez of Renesas will present the basics of mmWave radar for automotive applications and underline the challenges and trade-offs in radar design.
Key topics and takeaways:
・Understand the basics of mmWave automotive radar
・Discover the trade-offs that must be considered during the design process
・Explore different radar architectures
・Learn how to implement various radar applications with practical 4D radar detection and imaging radar examples
Renesas is designing and manufacturing Microcontrollers, Analog, Power and Sensor devices for Automotive applications. To bring out the full capabilities of our devices and make the designers’ life easy, we build solutions using our winning combinations of our products/ICs. For the demanding applications in Electric Vehicles, we have built solutions for Inverters using Inductive Position Sensor (IPS). In today’s fast paced & short design cycles, building everything from scratch in conventional method is time consuming. Hence, we, at Renesas have built Models and software to support design engineers to bring out solutions quicker to market. Renesas has made complete hardware solution of these important blocks in EV for Two-wheeler as well as for Four-wheeler.
Our xEV Inveter application model & software solution reduces research and development effort. With the use of inductive position sensor we saves the cost and enhances the performance of the solution.
Automotive, Electrified Drivetrain – xEV, Battery Management Systems
Renesas is designing and manufacturing Microcontrollers, Analog, Power and Sensor devices for Automotive applications. To bring out the full capabilities of our devices and make the designers’ life easy, we build solutions using our winning combinations of our products/ICs. For the demanding applications in Electric Vehicles, we have built solutions for Inverters and Battery Management System (BMS). In today’s fast paced & short design cycles, building everything from scratch in conventional method is time consuming. Hence, we, at Renesas have built Models and software to support design engineers to bring out solutions quicker to market. Renesas has made complete hardware solution of these important blocks in EV for Two-wheeler as well as for Four-wheeler.
Our BMS application model & software solution reduces research and development effort by providing sample application models that estimates State Of Charge (SOC) and State Of Health (SOH).
Optimization of these safety functions requires time-consuming, system-dependent safety analysis and evaluation. For xEV inverters, Renesas can help customers shorten development time by supporting functional safety at the system level.
In this session, we will provide instruction for you to create a project that will sample ADC values periodically using a timer. Learn about adding a timer driver and configuring it, adding an ADC driver, and reading the ADC value in call back, adding ELC and transfer drivers and configuring it. In addition, we will go through the FSP configurator, generated code, POR‑to‑main‑code flow, using developer assistance and the smart manual.
Can’t attend live? Register anyway, and we’ll send you a link to the slides and a video of the webinar when it’s finished.
In this free, 60-minute webinar, Dr.-Ing. Adam Korbel of Renesas explains how to support new automotive E/E architectures with dedicated “winning combo” chipset solutions.
The expert will also present a reference design that includes digital and analog Renesas ICs and comes with a reference software environment to enable an easy prototyping start.
Key topics and takeaways:
- Understand new automotive E/E architecture trends
- Discover the Renesas digital and analog chipset solution for Central Gateway/Connected
Gateway/High-performance-computer (HPC)/Car Server applications
- Learn how Renesas realizes the winning combo chipset approach on their evaluation boards and reference designs
- Find out how to reduce efforts on software development with the Renesas reference software environment
Industrial, Building / Home Automation , Safety, Surveillance & Security
Join this webinar to learn how Renesas' newly released 64-bit entry-level RZ/Five MPUs, equipped with open and free RISC-V ISA-compliant CPUs, can solve all the three issues.
1. High-performance CPU that creates new added value
2. Efficient product development
3. Reduction of system cost
Watch this hands-on lab demonstration to learn how to add a VUI in minutes using your own voice commands. The lab includes:
• A review of the VUI template and tools
• Runnning the template and making simple changes
• Starting a project from scratch to demonstrate how simple it is to incorporate speech recognition into a product design without a cloud connection
In this free, 60-minute webinar, Guanyuan Chen of Renesas explains how to combine an inductive position sensor (IPS) with an xEV inverter solution to reduce costs and the bill of materials (BOM) when compared to using a resolver.
Chengzhe Li will explain how the xEV inverter application model and software control the motor, reducing software development time and effort.
Key topics and takeaways:
Learn how to reduce BOM components by using IPS, which is 30％ less expensive than resolvers
Find out how to save time when achieving noise immunity by utilizing a pre-verified high voltage inverter environment (400V, 100kW, 500Arms)
Discover how to reduce potential rework through simulation at the design stage by using sample application IGBT models
Learn how to reduce application software programming effort by automatically generating sample application software
Find out how to reduce driver software programming effort using driver software whose operation has been confirmed on the reference board
In this webinar you will learn:
• Types of applications that can most benefit from the combination of Panthronics NFC ICs and Renesas RA MCUs
• Details on IoT card readers, Point of Sale terminals, and wireless charging use cases
• How to use Renesas Winning Combination reference designs, Quick-Connect IoT Pmods and Panthronics Pmod expansion boards, which can significantly reduce your development time
• How to enable a secure NFC application in the shortest amount of time for numerous cost sensitive consumer and robust industrial applications
In this webinar, viewers will learn how easily a manufacturer can empower its devices with the DLMS protocol using Terranova's Smart Meter Library. DLMS / COSEM (IEC 62056, AINSI C12, EN13757-1) is the global standard for energy and water smart management, advanced control, and innovative metering.
- Analyze key features of the product
- Examine the technical benefits and overall architecture
- Highlight the RA and RL78 platform support
In this webinar, you will learn:
- What O-RAN is and its advantages over traditional RAN topologies
- Timing topologies and requirements for each of the four synchronization plane configuration modes as defined by the O-RAN Alliance
- How Renesas' complete HW and SW timing solutions, with ClockMatrix hardware and PCM4L software, meet the O-RAN timing requirements for all configuration modes
- Benefits of using Renesas' ClockMatrix Family of synchronizers to guarantee both synchronization and low-noise sampling clocks for the RF converters and LO
- Benefits of using Renesas' PTP Clock Manager Software for Linux (PCM4L) with the ClockMatrix Family of synchronizers to guaranratee IEEE 1588 compliance
- How the PMOD type 6A hardware architecture makes it simple to connect to any Renesas development kit
- How the integrated software reduces integration effort by providing software libraries and simple software APIs
- How the combined hardware and software solution of the Renesas Quick Connect system simplifies the transition from prototype to production
In this webinar, you will learn about the benefits RZ/T2M brings:
1) The real time dual-core Arm® Cortex®-R52 processor subsystem with many motor control peripherals guaranteeing μSec control loops
2) The innovative industrial ethernet subsystem including the future proof support for Time Sensitive Networking (TSN)
3) The extensive support for functional safety implementation, reducing the number of external processers needed for SIL3 applications
In this session, we will examine the implementation of Trustzone-M in Renesas Cortex-M33 based RA4 and RA6 MCUs, along with the additional features that build on top of this to further enhance embedded security. Also covered will be the software development tools that provide the necessary workflows to allow customers to deliver a secure system.
eProsima is the company behind micro-ROS and it is key-partnering with Renesas. The Renesas RA Family of microcontrollers is the micro-ROS recommended MCU and provides professional technical support at firstname.lastname@example.org. This webinar gives you the key insights of ROS and micro-ROS. We will demonstrate how to develop open source robotic applications using the RA Family.
During this webinar, we're going to:
- Highlight the key functionality of the DA16200 Ultra-Low Power Wi-Fi SoC
- Highlight and explain the extended AT Command functionality
- Show wi-fi implementation details on the RA6M4 MCU host
- Demonstrate ready-to-go ultra-low power wi-fi using Renesas RA6 Series MCUs as an example using the SparkFun Wi-Fi Shield