Despite various challenges recently including COVID-19 and inflation, Renesas has stayed focused on its purpose, people, and developing products and solutions that directly contribute to building a more sustainable future. We are thrilled to share our inaugural report that demonstrates our commitment and progress toward meeting Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) goals.
As a technology leader, we leverage our expertise and global supplier network to provide complete semiconductor solutions, including energy-efficient devices to your homes and advanced technologies that enhance driver safety – all while reducing environmental risks. We strive to ensure the health and safety of everyone and make a positive impact in the society where we live and work.
We invite you to explore our report and welcome your feedback.
- Pledged commitment to carbon neutrality by 2050
- Reduced GHG emissions by 6.8%*
- Reduced energy consumption by 1.2%
- Obtained SBTi validation on GHG emission reduction target
- Improved water intensity by 38%
- Achieved water recycling rate of 32%
- Maintained waste recycling rate at 92%
- Obtained third-party verification of environmental data
- Endorsed TCFD recommendations and expanded our reporting framework
- In FY2022, Renesas Green Devices accounted for 93% of new product development and approximately 60% of total sales including affiliated products (See more details in the report)
* Figures were revised on July 1, 2023. Please refer to the Editing Policies for details.
- Provided emergency funding and support to our employees in Ukraine
- Launched additional workforce flexibility initiatives and global employee education
- Hosted multiple Diversity, Equity and Inclusion seminars and panel discussions
- Expanded Diversity Promotion Group and the Women in Technology Employee Resource Group across the company
- Established the Renesas Electronics Group Human Rights Policy and implemented the first human rights due diligence
- Achieved 97% employee participation in human rights e-learning course
- Received 90%+ supplier response to the Self-Assessment Questionnaire and confirmed agreement to our Supplier Code of Conduct
- Obtained ISO 45001 certification for our main production bases in Japan
- Included in CDP 2022 Supplier Engagement Leaderboard
- Achieved Board gender diversity target of 20% in March 2022
- Completed the first materiality assessment
- Established a Security Council consisting of the CEO, CFO, General Counsel and the heads of IT and HR
- Enhanced cybersecurity
- Revised Renesas Global Code of Conduct