GreenFET high‑performance load switches are designed and optimized for high‑side power rail control applications from 0.25V to 25.2V where the load currents ranging from 1A to 9A.
Using a proprietary MOSFET design, all GreenFET load switches achieve ultra‑stable RDSON across wide input and supply voltage ranges. Combining proprietary MOSFET IP and advanced assembly techniques, these advanced state‑of‑the‑art products are available in ultra‑small PCB footprints from 0.56 mm² to 5.04 mm² and exhibit low thermal resistances for high‑current operation.
Compared to discrete FET circuit implementations, GreenFET products combine high‑performance nFET or pFET structures, high current handling capability, charge pumps, as well as multiple protection and control circuits into space‑efficient single- and dual‑channel products. The combination of all these advanced features directly results in BOM (bill‑of‑material) component and cost reductions as well as increasing system reliability and reduced board size.
All low- and high‑voltage GreenFET load switches are designed and fully characterized over the commercial (0 °C to 70 °C), extended commercial (-20 °C to 70 °C), industrial (-40 °C to 85 °C), or extended industrial (-40 °C to 125 °C) temperature ranges. Consistent with generating very low thermal gradients, Renesas load switches are available in low thermal resistance, STDFN/STQFN RoHS‑compliant packaging, and wafer‑level chip scale packaging (WLCSP).
- High‑performance nFET MOSFETs
- Low RDSON: 13.3 mΩ
- Ultra-low ΔRDSON/ΔVIN: <0.05 mΩ/V
- Ultra-low ΔRDSON/ΔT: <0.06 mΩ/°C
- Internal Protection Features
- Internal Transient Voltage Suppressors (Selected Part Numbers)
- Automatic nFET SOA Protection (5 W and 10 W options)
- Pin-selectable Overvoltage and Undervoltage Lockout Windows
- Fixed and capacitor-adjustable Inrush Current Control
- Fixed and resistor-adjustable Current Limit
- Internal short-circuit current limit
- Thermal Shutdown
- Fast VOUT Discharge
- Open-drain FAULT Signaling
- Open-drain Power Good Signaling
- MOSFET IDS Analog Current or Power Output Load Monitors (Selected Part Numbers)
- UL2367 Certified (Selected Part Numbers)
- USB Type C High-end Smartphones & Tablet PCs
- Point-of-Load Power Distribution in 5 V, 12 V, 15 V and 20 V systems
- Enterprise Computing and Telecom Equipment
- Multifunction Printers
- Fan Motor Drives
- Enterprise Copiers
- Set-top Boxes
- General-purpose, High-voltage Power-Rail Switching
- PCIe/PCI Adapter Cards